Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
"Meet the Stemettes" panel event - March 2013
Thursday, 7 March 2013 from 19:00 to 21:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
What? - We'll be holding a panel event, complete with Q&A, networking (games) and nibbles. The panel will feature 8 people from a diverse set of STEM careers who work with companies as diverse as Sainsburys, Millwall FC, the NHS and a brand new tech startup.
Where? - We'll be in the Charles Room of the Charles Darwin House in Bloomsbury, home of the Biochemistry Society and the Biology Society, 12 Roger Street, London WC1N 2JU
When? - We'll be there from 6.30pm for a 7pm start and hope to be finished by 9pm.
There are amazing women in the UK's Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) fields, but a lack of females rising to take their place in STEM. This diverse panel will be sharing their unusual STEM career paths and giving some top tips to current STEM students considering their options after university. The event is open to all and promises to provide a fantastic opportunity to meet and network with real STEM professionals and discover new opportunities, all over light refreshments in a relaxed atmosphere.
This event is officially part of the International Women's Day celebrations and the National Science & Engineering Week. This event is sponsored by O2 Think Big.
We'll be hearing from
- HOST: Dr Melanie Windridge, consultant physicist at Swiss start-up, Iprova, making inventions for clients; lecturer and author of "Star Chambers: The race for fusion power".
- Dr Suzie Sheehy, Physics Postdoc, blogger behind 'High Heels in the Lab' and currently trying to run the marathon using Science
- Roma Agrawal, Associate Structural Engineer at WSP, designs bridges and buildings and has worked on tall towers - including the Shard(!)
- Jaz Rabadia BEng, National Energy Manager at Sainsburys Plc
- Selina Pavan, Vice President at Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Editor of City Women's IT Network
- Dr Alison Leary, Using Maths to try to make care safer for acute inpatients & part time clinical lead for matchday medical service at Millwall FC
- Cassandra Harris, Co-founder and an angel investor in a number of tech start ups (including Atelier-To-Go). Co-founder and CIO at Freeformers, responsible for understanding, managing, and growing Freeformers portfolio of investments.
- Bee Thakore, Engineer who serves as technology evangelist, marketer, coder and robotics specialist. Trustee of Space Education Trust and The Planetary Society - helping more young people get higher post-graduate space education and citizen science projects.
- a mystery man, TBA
PRESS RELEASE at http://stemettes.co.uk/blog/international-womens-day-panel-discussion-empower-next-generation-stemettes-meet-stemettes-were
About the Stemettes - We're running a series of panel events, hackathons and exhibitions this year for girls from 9 years old right up to female university students. We'd like to show them amazing women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics careers. Some of whom wear heels, makeup and carry handbags just like any other woman!
Twitter - http://twitter.com/stemettes
Facebook - http://facebook.com/stemettes
Website - http://stemettes.co.uk
Event is part of International Women's Day celebrations and National Science & Engineering Week
When & Where
We're showing that Girls do Science too via a series of panel events, hackathons and exhibitions.